Wednesday, April 2, 2014

From Where I Stand {Spring}

Spring. Never have I longed for one season so much in my life. Never.

Fall is my favorite season. Sweatshirts, bonfires, my birthday, our anniversary, pumpkins, apple cider... I'm starting to drool just thinking about it. But this year, this year, I just longed for spring to come. To stay.

Winter has lasted forever here in Indy this year. Hibernation took on new meaning to us. I missed church more than I made it, sent Nick grocery shopping more than ever, even tried out PeaPod (which I am a HUGE fan of now), and was the recipient of a few meals from my mom. I would make my way to work a few days a week, come home, and quickly try to get warm in a house with a thermostat set at 65 (brrrr!). Other days I would just lay curled up on the couch thankful I could at least work on Jamberry from the couch. The months of December and February especially are a blur. We didn't even decorate for Christmas this year. 

The Lord saw fit to bring some trials our way this winter, things we didn't see coming before one rather uneventful day in December. There were things that made us put much of our plans on hold and hunker down into survival mode. Dishes and laundry piled up. The to-do list sat abandoned and growing longer with each week. I longed for spring, hoping against hope, that it would bring a change in these trials. I watched dear friends going through some of their darkest days and wanted desperately to be more of an encouragement to them, and I wanted spring to come for them, too.

Now that spring has started to peek its head out from behind our cold, grey skies I can say the trials seem to be fading- for now at least. My heart feels a sense of hope again. Dishes and laundry are caught up on. I have been to the grocery more times than I can count in the past few weeks (and enjoyed every second of it). I even turned the thermostat up to 'a balmy 66 degrees' (ha!) since the temps outside won't mean our furnace is working so hard.

So, now that spring is here I feel like I'm coming up to breathe again. There has never been such hope with the coming of a new season and I am thankful God created the beauty of different seasons. Spring, you may just be my favorite this year.

Head over to my friend Christina's blog to get her take on spring this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment